The Intention is good

Pressbrief

Pressbrief
Pressbrief Website

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Rahul Gandhi makes it clear in his first interview: I am not scared of any one, we are battle ready

Rahul Gandhi makes it clear in his first interview: I am not scared of any one, we are battle ready
New Delhi: In his first ever interview to a television channel, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi said that he is not scared of any one. He also took on the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi by saying that Gujarat government was involved in 2002 riots.
On a question whether the Congress leader is afraid of having a direct fight with Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi replied, “In my life I have seen my grandmother die, I have seen my father die, I have seen my grandmother go to jail and I have actually been through a tremendous amount of pain as a child when these things happen to you, what I had to scared of I lost, there is absolutely nothing I am scared of”

“I have an aim, I have a clear aim in my mind and the aim is that I do not like what I see in Indian politics, it is something that is inside my heart. It is like in our mythology when they talk about Arjun, he only sees one thing, he does not see anything else, you asked me about Mr. Modi you ask me about anything and the thing that I see is that the system in this country needs to change, I don't see anything else and I am blind to everything else. I am blind because I saw people I love destroyed by the system. I am blind because the system everyday is unfair to our people”, he added in his interview on Times Now.
While responding to 1984 Sikh riots as well as Gujarat riots, the Congress Vice President said, “The fact of the matter is that innocent people died in 1984 and innocent people dying is a horrible thing and should not happen. The difference between Gujarat and 1984 was that the Government of Gujarat was involved in the riots,” and continued, “The difference between the 84 riots and the riots in Gujarat was that in 1984 the Government was trying to stop the riots. I remember, I was a child then, I remember the Government was doing everything it could to stop the riots. In Gujarat the opposite was the case. The Government in Gujarat was actually abetting and pushing the riots further. So there is a huge difference between the two things.”

When asked about the criticism by BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on his educational qualification, Rahul Gandhi said, "He (Swamy) has been attacking my family for 40 years... He has probably seen my degree, I have given a sworn affidavit saying I that I have got these degrees, If I am lying on these affidavits let him take the legal process and solve it.“

While on personal criticism the Congress leader said, "I respond by understanding why I am being attacked. Beat me to death, but I will keep asking questions that are relevant to the system.. Keep throwing stones at us. I am being attacked because I am doing things dangerous to the system". "Unfairness makes my blood boil. That's at the heart of my politics," added Rahul Gandhi.

While responding to questions about dynasty politics, the Congress leader categorically said, "I am absolutely against the concept of dynasty. But it happens in BJP, SP, DMK and Congress everywhere." "I am absolutely against the concept of dynasty. Anybody who knows me knows that and understands that. But you are not going to wish away dynasty in a closed system. You have to open the system," he added. To a question as to what was his view of BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate, he said, "I think, we will defeat the BJP in the next elections....I will win the election. I am reasonably confident." We are Battle ready, of course. We're going to win” Rahul Gandhi said while ending his one and half hour long interview on a confident note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories