The Intention is good

Pressbrief

Pressbrief
Pressbrief Website

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Priyanka Gandhi denies media reports, says her focus would be Amethi and Raebareli only

Priyanka Gandhi clarifies, her focus would be just Amethi and Raebareli
New Delhi: Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, daughter of Congress President Sonia Gandhi and sister of party vice president Rahul Gandhi, denied media reports that she was willing to contest against BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Varanasi and clarified that there was no proposal for her in this direction.
Priyanka Gandhi also emphasized that her family including Rahul Gandhi have told her they would whole-heartedly back her if she ever decides to contest an election. "No one in my family would ever stop me from contesting an election. My brother, mother and husband would wholeheartedly support me if I wanted to contest," said the charismatic Congress campaigner.
"My brother has expressed to me many times that he thinks I should contest,' said Priyanka Gandhi and noted that she would for now continue to focus on managing the campaigns of Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi in their constituencies of Amethi and Raebareli respectively, in Uttar Pradesh.
"My decision to not contest is personal. I will only change it when I feel from within I should."
There were reports that Priyanka Gandhi Vadra had expressed her desire to contest against BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Varanasi in UP, but the proposal was shot down by senior Congress leaders. Now, the present comments categorically deny all such reports and clearly explained about her clear stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories