The Intention is good

Pressbrief

Pressbrief
Pressbrief Website

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rahul Gandhi :Indira Gandhi is my role model

New Delhi: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi warnined the party leaders that he wouldn’t be would crack down on indiscipline. “Look at that photograph, the second one. She is my role model,” said Rahul Gandhi  pointing towards a picture of Indira Gandhi, at a meeting with Delhi leaders.

“I will not tolerate indiscipline. I will take tough action. I will punish those who act against the party’s interests,” he asserted. This is the sternest message to have come from the party vice-president after his polite endeavours over the past few months to curb internal squabbles almost drew a blank.

Rahul Gandhi signalled that he wouldn’t be blind to undisciplined leaders. “I don’t mind if our government goes out of power but I won’t tolerate factional conspiracies. My main aim is to strengthen the Congress and that can be done by the sincerity and hard work of the ordinary workers. There cannot be any compromise on the organisation,” said the Congress Vice President.

 “Heed my advice and come together to work for the party. Stop playing games within the party. I know what is happening. I know who does what, I am not the one who will turn a blind eye to all these,” he added.  In Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan, where polls are due this year, factionalism is one of the problems in the Congress for long.

While interacting with the Delhi Congress leaders, Rahul Gandhi argued that CM Sheila Dikshit had been working tirelessly for 14-15 years and every Congress worker and leader should work to strengthen her hands. The Congress leader warned partymen and leaders who paid no heed to block party presidents. He said nobody with less than 70 per cent attendance in monthly meetings called by the presidents should expect election tickets.

However, the strong stand by the young Congress leader surely indicates one thing –Rahul Gandhi has begun to show his tough side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories