The Intention is good

Pressbrief

Pressbrief
Pressbrief Website

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Full Text of speech of the press conference of Sh, Rahul Gandhi at Delhi after the CM’s meeting

Rahul Gandhi at New Delhi,27th Dec 2013
 We meet today on two main issues which are corruption and Lokpal, and there was also price rise. We are very concerned about the rising of price of vegetables and fruits. Congress chief ministers decided that till February, the accountability and stipulations in the national level Lokpal will be taken to state level. All our states have agreed that they will bring this Lokayukt on national level till February.
Price rise of fruits and vegetables is a main issue of inflation, we have taken some remedial steps as Mr. Maken had mentioned regarding this and Lokpal Bill is one step. These were the discussions took place in the meeting. As I said earlier Lokpal bill is only one step.
If we need to fight corruption then we need a framework not just at the national level but also state level and may be state level is more important. Congress party is working towards this direction.
On Adarsh: If you are asking me I don’t agree with the decision (of the Maharashtra govt); they should reconsider that decision.
As I have said before if we are serious about this and the Congress party is dead serious about this then this is not about one bill, this is about a framework, a system. Now what is interesting to me there is only one party which is talking about the system, there is only party that is talking about the framework everyone else is talking. But nobody is showing the path to fight corruption. If you want to fight corruption, create a mechanism. What is that mechanism, there are number of bills pending in Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha; let us get together and pass those bills.
On fighting corruption: Now I have already said we are committed to that, let us have session of the house, let us all get together, and create a framework to fight corruption. But when I say let create a framework to fighting corruption there is silence on the other side, complete silence. I don’t hear ‘yes’ we should pass these bill. I don’t hear that. I don’t see other opposition states having Lokayukt there, I don’t see them. If you are serious, let us stop talking and let’s start acting and as far as my party is concerned my party is dead serious.
As far as Maharashtra issue is concerned I told you my view there is no question of protecting anyone.
We brought the Lokpal bill and we want to bring other bills too. If they are truly against corruption, come help us to set up a framework. I would like to say on Adarsh society that I advice that it should be reconsidered.
The issue here is about building a framework against corruption. If you are serious about this and if the country serious about this and if the country actually serious about this then let’s talk.
See what happens if the opposition gets together with us and pass anti-corruption laws.
I hear again and again talk about corruption, but I don’t see systematic action. We brought in Parliament house again and again. Big speeches won’t help the cause. We brought the RTI, we brought in the Lokpal and the amount of benefit the country will get from this framework it won’t be possible through talks and it is fashionable to talk but if you want change, enact the laws.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories